Vacancy announcement: Project coordinators (2 positions) for Capacity Building Follow Up Project at the HRC-UNTL, Timor Leste
The Global Campus of Human Rights (hereafter Global Campus) is an inter-disciplinary centre of excellence supported by the EU and other partner institutions, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional academic partners. Its main headquarters are based in Venice-Lido, Italy and the regional partner’s headquarters are based in Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, South Africa, and Thailand.
With reference to the action under the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) entitled “Furthering the Development of Human Rights Education at the National University of Timor-Leste”, the Global Campus is looking to identify qualified individuals to fill two (2) positions of Project Coordinators*.
The Project Coordinators shall work as members of a team composed by the Project Manager, the Project Officer and Project Assistant in the management of the action with reference primarily to the academic and operative tasks related to consolidation of the newly set up Human Rights Centre of UNTL within the Faculty of Social Sciences, which will engage in training, international networking and research activities.
The specific objectives of the action are:
- To facilitate the transition of the Human Rights Centre as a new body/institution within the UNTL, hence the consolidation of its education activities and its organisational infrastructure
- To strengthen the existing capacities in the field of human rights education, at both curricular and extra-curricular level, as well as at research level
- To support the UNTL integration as a new associated member in the international academic network represented by the Global Campus of Human Rights
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Project Coordinators will be supporting the Project Manager on site in Dili, Timor Leste. The position is results oriented, tasks-based, and will include the following duties:
- To work in cooperation with the project manager for the successful implementation of the action
- To support the coordination of the overall action and all related activities
- To support the consolidation of the academic and organisational infrastructure of the Centre
- To support the daily management of the Centre and of the action, including the reporting and possible administrative aspects
- To support the organisation of human rights training courses, workshops and seminars, together with local and international experts
- To facilitate the development of partnerships between the newly established Centre and local, national and international actors in the field of human rights
- To assist in liaising with relevant institutions/interlocutors and in the relationship with specific partners among local, national and international actors in the field of human rights
- To assist in the delivery of project proposals, reporting, and production of documentation relevant to the development of the project
This Call is restricted to the trainees of the "Human Rights Studies & Training Programme for Nationals of Timor Leste" , i.e. to the pool of local students, activists and lecturers who took part in the Global Campus capacity building project aimed at forging a team of human rights experts to constitute the key resource persons for the new UNTL Human Rights Centre. The expected qualifications of the applicants are:
- Post-graduate/master-level studies in the field of human rights and democratisation
- Experience in project management, preferably in the educational or non-profit sector
- Good communication, diplomatic and networking skills suited to a multinational and multicultural environment
- Collegiality and willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Tetum and English; knowledge of other languages (in particularly Portuguese and Bahasa Indonesian) is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Being based in Dili, Timor Leste
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
The Project Coordinators will be required to take up service as of beginning of January 2021. The positions will be based in Dili, Timor Leste at the UNTL Human Rights Centre. The duration of the post is of 18 months, upon a probatory paid period of 3 months. The Gross salary is based on contractual provisions of the EU project and is set to be in line with same level positions of local staff within cooperation projects in Timor Leste.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 October 2020 at 12PM (CET).
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send amotivation letter and a detailed curriculum vitae in English to the Global Campus Secretary General, Manfred Nowak, email@example.com, and to the Administrative Director, Elisabetta Noli, firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit an interview that will be held in English language via Zoom.
*This call is issued pending the confirmation of funding by the donor.