ACCOUNTANT/ FINANCIAL MANAGER
ACCOUNTANT/ FINANCIAL MANAGER
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is seeking a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Financial Manager . Working under the supervision of the EIUC governing bodies and the Secretary General, the candidate selected will assume primary responsibility for the fiscal management of the EIUCâ€™s activities. The Financial Manager will moreover be involved in the establishment of a separate EIUC financial department. He or she will work as member of the EIUC/E.MA staff, based in Venice - the Lido. The appointment, which may be on a full- or part-time basis, is of a duration of 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
Functions and tasks
1.Development of financial department
a. development and implementation of essential structures and procedures
b. organisation of training for staff
2. General book-keeping/administrative tasks:
c. overseeing the recording of documents needed for payment of invoices and reimbursements
d. overseeing bookkeeping on the basis of accrual accounting
e. keeping first-hand contacts with suppliers (of goods or services)
f. drafting calls for tenders, requesting estimates, drafting orders for payment, drafting agreements with companies or public institutions
g. monitoring the management of budget, expenditure, cash-flow, bank statements, the respect of agreements with companies/other institutions, etc.
h. verifying eligibility of expenses
3. Reporting tasks towards EIUC donors
i. assisting the Secretary General and EIUC governing bodies in the drafting of financial reports for the EC and other supporting institutions
j. assisting the Secretary General and EIUC governing bodies in the presentation of the grant application and provisional budget
k. cooperating with the auditors and financial advisors in monitoring the accounts
4. Assistance to the E.MA Participating universities on administrative and financial matters related to the E.MA Project
l. overseeing the acquisition of fiscal documents (fiscal codes, tax liability certificates, other) for lecturers and invitees
m. organizing the transfer of EC contribution and tuition fees to hosting universities during second semester
n. receiving financial reports from the universities participating in the programme
5. Assistance to the E.MA students/graduates on administrative and financial matters related to the E.MA Project
o. overseeing the assistance to E.MA students in financial matters: collecting bank details, preparing documentation for the issuing of grants (housing contribution, second semester grants) or reimbursements (reimbursement of travel costs born to attend thesis defence and graduation in Padua)
p. overseeing the handling tuition fees
q. overseeing the assistance to students awarded the E.MA internship grant with all financial aspects related to the payment of their grants
6. Assistance in the drafting of staff contracts under supervision of a â€œConsulente del Lavoroâ€
r. assistance in the preparation of staff contracts
s. assistance in the preparation of assignment contracts (occasional assignments)
- Education: degree level (pref. Economics, Accountancy, Administrative Law)
- Accountancy and managerial experience, knowledge of EC project management and knowledge of applicable Italian law
- Team-working ability, initiative and ability to work independently, communication skills.
- Experience in an international environment preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of English, including drafting ability. Knowledge of Italian. Knowledge of French preferable.
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2004
Starting date: Immediately
Contract: Full-time or part-time
Salary: Attractive salary level, negotiable depending on qualifications
Please send a cover letter and a curriculum vitae in English to the EIUC Secretary General, Monastery of San Nicolò, Riviera San Nicolò 26, Lido-Venezia 30126, Italy, by fax at: 0039-041-272-0914, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the filling of the above position is contingent upon approval of funding