The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is seeking a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Accountant. Working under the supervision of the EIUC Secretary General and the Financial Manager, the candidate selected will be in charge of the daily bookkeeping and other practical aspects of the financial administration. He or she will work as member of the permanent EIUC/E.MA staff, based in Venice - the Lido. The appointment is of a duration of 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
Functions and tasks
1. General book-keeping/administrative tasks:
a) filing documents needed for payment of invoices and reimbursements
b) bookkeeping on the basis of accrual accounting
c) keeping first-hand contacts with suppliers (of goods or services)
d) assisting in the drafting of calls for tenders, requesting estimates, drafting orders for payment, drafting agreements with companies or public institutions
e) assisting the Financial Manager and Governing Bodies in verifying eligibility of expenses
2. Reporting tasks towards EIUC donors
f) assisting in the drafting of financial reports to the EC and other supporting institutions
g) assisting the EIUC governing bodies in the presentation of the grant application and provisional budget
3. Assistance to the E.MA Participating universities on administrative and financial matters related to the E.MA Project
i) acting as contact person for reimbursement of expenses
j) assisting lecturers/invitees in order to obtain fiscal documents (fiscal codes, tax liability certificates, other)
k) assisting in the transfer of EC contribution and tuition fees to hosting universities during second semester
4. Assistance to the E.MA students/graduates on administrative and financial matters related to the E.MA Project
l) assisting the E.MA students in financial matters: collecting bank details, preparing documentation for the issuing of grants (housing contribution, second semester grants) or reimbursements (reimbursement of travel costs born to attend thesis defence and graduation in Padua)
m) handling tuition fees
n) assisting the students awarded with the E.MA internship grant with all financial aspects related to the payment of their grants
5. Assistance in the drafting of staff contracts under supervision of a Consulente del Lavoro
o) assisting in the drafting of staff contracts
p) assisting in the drafting of assignment contracts (occasional assignments)
- Education: degree level (pref. Economics, Accountancy, Administrative Law)
- Accountancy/Secretarial experience, knowledge of EC project management an asset
- Team-working ability, initiative and ability to work independently, communication skills.
- Experience in an international environment preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of English, including drafting ability. Proficiency in Italian.
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2004
Starting date: Immediately
Salary: 1500-1600 Euro/month lordo
Please send a cover letter and a curriculum vitae in English to the EIUC Secretary General, Monastery of San Nicolò, Riviera San Nicolò 26, Lido-Venezia 30126, Italy, by fax at: 0039-041-272-0914, or by e-mail: email@example.com
Please note: the filling of the above position is contingent upon approval of funding