Communication and PR Officer: Maternity leave replacement
The Global Campus of Human Rights is an inter-disciplinary university centre supported by the EU, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional partners.
The Global Campus is seeking a maternity leave replacement for the position of a qualified Communication and PR Officer, for its main headquarters in Venice-Lido, Italy (seat: Monastery of San Nicolò, Riviera San Nicolò, 26).
The Communication and PR Officer will be responsible for managing external communications, press work and public relations, as well as social media and digital PR in coordination with his/her Department (Fundraising, Communication and PR).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Social Media: taking care of the dissemination of all GC Human Rights activities through the social networks where the organisation is currently present (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), further development of GC Human Rights profile on social media. Expertise on copywriting and data analysis (insights, people reached, shares, reactions, comments, geo-localisation,…);
- Editing & Writing: drafting of texts to be used for different communication purposes, as e-news or promotional materials;
- Press work: developing and distributing news releases and responding to media inquiries, taking care of press contacts, planning for news conferences, prepare for media interviews, develop messages to deliver to stakeholders both at the local and international level;
- Public Relations: building or nurturing relationships with current or potential institutional partners, donors and customers (international/national/local; IGOs and NGOs); networking in an academic environment (participation in promotional events or fairs, facilitating visits to GC Human Rights for presentations, organisation of promotional events).
- Team Work: Ensuring relevant coordination with all relevant stakeholder in the GC community, including in particular: the communication officers or equivalent focal points cooperating at the Regional Programmes; the colleagues at the GC HQ in Venice those working on the IT/Web Marketing and for the departments involved with project implementation; the communication teams of the GC external partner institutions and donors.
- The candidate must be a journalist, member of the Bar of Journalists (Ordine dei Giornalisti, Albo Nazionale);
- Sound written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken;
- Experienced use of Content Management Systems (eg. Contao and WordPress);
- Efficient use of HTML;
- Efficient use of the most important Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Basic use of Adobe Creative Suite CS6, in particular Photoshop;
- Sound critical thinking skills;
- Creative and visionary leadership with the ability to drive a high volume of work to completion;
- Excellent knowledge of how to deal with PR events (press conferences, meetings, trainings, …);
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Team-working ability.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
- Interest in Fundraising and crowdfunding PR campaigns
- Experience in academic environment;
- Knowledge/interest in human rights, development cooperation and arts;
- Good attitude to travel;
- Volunteering in non-profit causes is an asset.
Deadline for sending applications: 15 July 2020, 12.00 CET
Indicative starting date: beginning of September 2020
The position is foreseen as maternity substitution. As such it will have a minimum duration of 5 months (September 2020 – January 2021) with possibility of extension, should the substituted worker opt for it.
Contract: Communication and PR Officer – Addetta alla Comunicazione e Pubbliche Relazioni; part-time employee contract (National Collective Agreement for the commercial sector - CCNL commercio), 20 hours.
Salary: Monthly gross salary will be based on the contractual level applied (III level) and qualifications.
Please send a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae (in English) to the Administrative Director, Elisabetta Noli at firstname.lastname@example.org and Fundraising, Communication and PR Manager, Elisa Aquino at email@example.com putting in cc firstname.lastname@example.org.