GC Call for Paper to the E.MA Network
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is looking for a qualified researcher from the E.MA network able to participate in a research programme on the “impact on human rights of foreign debt and economic crises” in the framework of the Global Campus project.
This year’s GC research programme will explore the nexus between foreign debt and/or economic crises and human rights and it will be connected to the Global Classroom, a week-long event in Venice gathering experts, professors and students from the GC.
The Researcher will write a paper focusing on European perspective of the topic of the research in coordination with the appointed Research Coordinator as well as with the other members of the team from other Regional Master’s programmes.
A copy of the research outline drafted by the Research Coordinator with a description of the scope and methodology of the research is here enclosed.
The paper should aim at:
- Exploring the nexus between economic crises and human rights in Europe;
- Developing a research article of minimum 15 pages focusing on a regional perspective related to the impact of debt and /or economic crisis on human rights.
Further it shall be:
- Delivered by 17th April 2015 and presented during the event entitled Global Classroom on 11-15 May 2015. The author of the paper will be asked also to coordinate E.MA students’ contribution to the event.
The Researcher should have the following:
- Doctoral degree (PhD / JSD) in law or political science / international relations (or other relevant subjects to the research context) from a leading university with outstanding grades;
- Clear interest and expertise in foreign debt and/or economic crises and human rights ;
- Openness to interdisciplinary research, excellent analytical skills as demonstrated by writing samples, and ability to summarize and present large amount of information in an intelligent way;
- Ability to organise his/her own research activities while working as part of a research team while keeping strict deadlines;
- Excellent level of English (working language of the project);
- Efficient use of the most important Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint).
His/her remuneration will amount to 3000 euro gross.
Please send a proposal including a title and a short abstract of the content of the paper in line with the research outline as well as a detailed curriculum vitae by 2nd February 2015 to the EIUC Secretary General (email@example.com), and in CC to the GC Senior Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information and download the documents, please click on the link.