18-22 January 2010: Training of Trainers on "Legal aspects of enforced disappearances"
A Memorandum of Understanding between EIUC and Aim for Human Rights was signed on 1st December 2009 for the organisation of training activities on the subject of Legal Protection from Enforced Disappearances. A Training of Trainers on "Legal aspects of enforced disappearances" took place from 18 to 22 January 2010 at the EIUC premises, the Monastery of San Nicolò in Venice-Lido (Italy).
A special programme on Human Rights Defenders was held for E.MA students on 21 January 2010.
Objective of the training:
To prepare a pool of trainers from all over the world who are willing and able to train others on legal protection from enforced disappearances.
- Further enhancement of knowledge regarding legal aspects of enforced disappearances;
- Development of various training skills;
- Motivate participants to give trainings on the subject themselves.
The training will be done by three staff members of Linking Solidarity, namely:
- Ewoud Plate: Senior Legal Training and Advocacy Officer
- Iratxe Florez: Content Manager EDIEC
- Jan de Vries: Legal Training and Advocacy Officer.
Read here the presentation of the Training of Trainers and its programme .