EIUC at Ca’ Foscari Career Day 2012
Last 27 November the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) participated in the Career Day 2012 organised by the Ca ' Foscari University of Venice.
The event was opened at the Auditorium Santa Margherita of Ca' Foscari by a roundtable entitled "Universities and companies: investong on young graduates" moderated by Prof. Adalberto Perulli, Rector's Delegate for Internships and Placement.
Located at the ground floor of the exhibition area the EIUC stand attracted several graduates and students of this Venitian university eager to learn more about EIUC teaching and training courses that frequently constitute stepping stones to a professional career in governmental and non-governmental organisations devoted to the promotion and protection of human rights, international cooperation and development.
Corinna Greco, EIUC Communication Manager, with representatives of the Ca' Foscari University of Venice: Prof. Adalberto Perulli, E.MA National Director and Rector's Delegate for Internship and Placement, and Ms Arianna Cattarin and Barbara Benedetti of the Service Internships and Placement.
Visitors were particularly interested in the statistics provided by the E.MAlumni Association (covering the 1200 graduates of the E.MA Master’s Degree to date) that report a high percentage of employment of E.MA graduates in prestigious international organisations (IGOs and NGOs), Ministries of Foreign Affairs and academic institutions.
The event gave the opportunity to EIUC staff to give visibility to the wide range of EIUC's postgraduate courses and training seminars:
- European Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA)
- Venice School of Human Rights (VS)
- Venice Academy of Human Rights (VA)
- Programme Régional de Bonne Gouvernance - Maghreb (BGM)
- Global Campus of Master’s Programmes and Diplomas in Human Rights and Democratisation (GC)
- Training Seminars (such as the latest Training Seminar for International Electoral Observers)
EIUC is a recognised centre of excellence noted for the academic quality of its prestigious participating European universities including Ca' Foscari University represented by Prof. Adalberto Perulli, E.MA National Director and Rector's Delegate for Internship and Placement, and Prof. Fabrizio Marrella, Dean of the EIUC Human Rights Village, as well as for its international partners including the European Union, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, UNESCO and GIZ.
- Read here some testimonials by E.MAlumni who constitute a dynamic community of human rights defenders spread around the world.
- View pictures of EIUC participation at the International Career Day 2012 organised by Job Advisor in Milan last March with Dr. Angela Melchiorre (E.MA Programme Director) and Corinna Greco (EIUC Communication Manager).