Symposium on the Social and Labour Policy Dimensions of Regional Integration
The ILO and Cà Foscari University of Venice are the joint organisers of a Symposium on the Social and Labour Policy Dimensions of Regional Integration that took place on 30 November 2012 at the Auditorium Santa Margherita in Venice.
After an introduction by Prof. Adalberto Perulli, Professor of Labour Law at Ca’ Foscari University and E.MA National Director, the symposium addressed the following topics:
- Regional Economic Dimension and its Effects on Social Issues
- Regional economic trends and social issues: the experience of the GCC countries
- Economic and social development in China: implications for labour issues
- Regional social policy issues in NAFTA and ASEAN countries
- The effects of global crisis in the labour national market: the Spanish case
- International division of production: effects on labour markets
Foreseen speakers are:
- Abdulla Al- Mullahi, Director, International Relations Division, Oman Government detached, ILO, Geneva
- Giuseppe Casale, Director LAB/ADMIN, ILO Geneva, Secretary General, International Society for Labour and Social Security Law
- Juan Carlos García Quiñones, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Luigi Mariucci, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- René Robert, Senior Specialist, LAB/ADMIN, ILO, Geneva
- Mario Volpe, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Changyou Zhu, Technical Specialist, LAB/ADMIN, ILO, Geneva
Prof. Sen. Tiziano Treu, Senate Commission on Labour, Italy, closed the symposium.
EIUC is one of the partner institutions of the event and was represented by Dr. Angela Melchiorre, Programme Director of the European Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA). Several E.MA students attended the symposium in the framework of the Project week on Globalisation and Human Rights.
Download here the programme of the Symposium.