Postgraduate Day in Venice, E.MADay in Coimbra, Luxembourg
- in Venice: EIUC at Postgraduate Day 2013 organised by Ca' Foscari University of Venice (ground floor of the exhibition area - Spazi Espositivi).
Visit our stand to learn more about current call for applications for EIUC’s main teaching postgraduate courses and training seminars:
- European Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA)
- Venice School of Human Rights (VS)
- Venice Academy of Human Rights (VA)
- Training Seminars, such as the latest Training Seminar for International Electoral Observers (TS)
Ca' Foscari University Venice is one of the 41 prestigious participating European universities and is represented by Prof. Adalberto Perulli, E.MA National Director and Rector's Delegate for Internship and Placement, and Prof. Fabrizio Marrella, Dean of the EIUC Human Rights Village.
- in Coimbra: E.MADay at the Faculty of Law (FDUC) between 2 and 4 pm.
The E.MADay is a new pilot project launched by the E.MAlumni Association on the occasion of its 3rd General Assembly that aims at promoting E.MA, attracting new applicants, facilitating network between E.MAlumni, masterini and E.MA academics.
- in Luxembourg: Oscar nominated film Buzkashi Boys screened at Forum on Human Rights and Higher Education.
On 7 March, the European University Foundation – Campus Europae and the UNESCO Chair in Human Rights of the University of Luxembourg are hosting the second edition of the “Luxembourg Forum on Human Rights and Higher Education” in the Abbey Neumünster, Luxembourg. The Forum will bring together a group of outstanding personalities from all parts of Europe to discuss about “Human Rights Education and Beyond”.
Within the framework of this event, upon the suggestion and collaboration of the E.MAlumni Board Member Iva Tsekova, E.MAmbassador in Luxembourg, Elina Pinto, arranged with the organizers of the Forum to include in the programme the screening of the short "Buzkashi Boys", directed by Sam French. The film has been critically acclaimed and nominated for the 2013 Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film.
The film screening will only be open to the participants of the Forum and to E.MA students or Alumni. If you are interested to attend, please confirm so to our E.MAmbassador, Elina Pinto, email@example.com
About Buzkashi Boys
- Plot: Set against the dramatic landscape of contemporary Afghanistan and the National sport of Buzkashi – a brutal game of horse polo played with a dead goat – Buzkashi Boys tells the coming of age story of two best friends, a charismatic street urchin and a defiant blacksmith's son, who struggle to realize their dreams as they make their way to manhood in one of the most war-torn countries on Earth.