Invitation to Tender for Video Production Services
The Global Campus of Human Rights (Global Campus/GC) is a network of almost one hundred participating universities around the world, seeking to advance human rights and democracy through the organisation of seven Master’s programmes in different world regions (Europe, South-East Europe, the Caucasus region, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Caribbean, and the Arab world) and through regional and global cooperation for education and research.
GC boasts more than twenty years of experience and an excellent track record in quality human rights education and training focused on:
that use both conventional and ground-breaking good practices, approaches and methods. This has allowed GC to continuously and increasingly build a solid and vast network of knowledge and expertise in teaching and training, both in person and online.
Global Campus e-learning activities
Online access to human rights courses, trainings, modules and materials is key to fostering a global community of learning and practice whose members are not only aware of their rights, but also able to develop wider and comparative understanding. The Global Campus offers such wider, comparative and practice-oriented e-learning experiences through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), online courses and blended trainings. Over the years, we have developed a distinct online identity that we now wish to develop further.
Purpose and tasks
Increasing demand for e-learning programmes has evidenced the need for a constant, coherent and efficient production of video materials, interviews, e-lectures and other visual tools for optimal online delivery. In order to fulfil such need, GC is looking for a video company that would provide video production services to support forthcoming MOOCS and online activities, including trainings and blended courses.
The work considered under this invitation to tender encompasses different typologies of courses and themes, but is in general homogeneous in terms of approach and methodology and includes the following categories of products and tasks:
1. Creative promotional teasers/animations
The contractor will be responsible for the co-design, production and post-production of animated video teasers in English with a total running time not exceeding 3 minutes:
- The teaser’s script is usually provided by the GC, but the contractor is expected to give suggestions to increase its quality
- The contractor is responsible for iconographic search, including suggestion, selection and purchase of images (including rights) at no additional cost
- We welcome animation styles such as 2D Animation, 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Stop Motion. In recent years the GC has developed its own ‘collage’ style, whose main traits we would like to keep
- The contractor is expected to create and submit a moodboard with still-frames for each animated teaser. Various rounds of revisions and a final validation will ensue
- GC staff usually is invited (live or remotely) to voice-recording sessions to ensure quality and confirm last minute changes resulting from the process
- A choice of tunes and music/audio files to increase the attractiveness of the video is usually provided by the awarded contractor (without additional cost). GC expects to be able to selected within a choice of 3 music files
- Once the final version of the file is validated, the awarded contractor will prepare excerpts from the teasers (stills, clips, frames, etc.) to be used for promotional purposes on GC social media channels
2. Filming (mainly video recording of speakers and course participants on GC premises)
Whenever possible, the GC prefers high quality recording of speakers. The contractor is expected to have an equipment similar to: Camera Sony Cinema (FullHD/4k), Kit CineLenses Sony, Tripod, Stabilizer, Rode Audio Clip wireless microphone, Zoom H6, Shotgun Microphone Sennheiser
3. Video editing and post-production, and specifically
- Basic editing of videos, live webinars, PPT recordings, etc. recorded by third parties or filmed by the contractor. Basic editing includes a small number of cards and cuts. Sample (Samples are intended for reference, but we encourage prospective contractors to express critical thinking and highlight how they would incerase the quality):https://youtu.be/AjN24bGjcNg; https://youtu.be/XfCZi-v8KEg
- Enhanced editing of videos recorded by third parties or by the contractor. Videos can be lectures or interviews with speakers, interactive video quizzes, animated videos or a mix of lecture/power points/graphs/photos/explainers/timelines or any other post-production intervention that increases the usability and educational value. Therefore, cards, animations, animated text, visuals, etc. will be created according to GC request and will be validated before being integrated in the video. The average duration is 20 to 60 minutes. Sample: https://youtu.be/oABsftwnboI
- Editing of short videos or small portions of a pre-recorded video for promotional purposes (hardcoding subtitles, mainly in English, to be included). Sample: https://youtu.be/qSRNT84MQLg
- All three categories of video post-production might include intro-outro tune (usually provided by the GC), music sync, audio editing (to increase the quality of the video as much as possible), cards, etc. Specific full HD exports might be also requested, as well as urgent delivery. See below under Communication with the GC and Financial offer.
Within a brand-new GC project, we foresee two series of 5 podcast each of the duration of around 30 minutes. Speakers will be recorded from their own premises, therefore the contractor’s support in ensuring the best possible quality is crucial.
A total production of 60 videos, 5 animated teasers, 10 podcasts, and 10 days of filming is estimated for the timeframe of this invitation to tender. This is a rough estimate that can vary i.e., decrease or increase. Additional video/audio/animation services might be requested. If they do not fit any of the above categories, they will be costed separately.
Communication with the GC
The GC strives to plan as much as possible in advance and to ensure the contractor has enough time to work in non-stressful condition. However, there are situations in which a quick turnaround is needed, e.g.: live webinars (usually the edited file is shared with students the day after); unforeseen requests to interview a speaker; change in the schedule made by third parties. The GC is ready to pay a premium for that (see below Financial offer).
The GC uses G drive for planning and sharing files with the contractor.
The awarded contractor is requested to:
- use a cloud solution at its own expenses to share files and resources with the GC
- create a progress document with links to all created files
- create and co-manage a calendar that indicates dates and deadlines for each project
- have a very good knowledge of English in order to understand, comment, suggest improvements and point out issues in relations to both the instructions provided by the GC and the content of the videos
- acknowledge receipt of requests, instructions, files etc. and timely communicate about any progress and any issue about the implementation of the requested services. Repeated failure to do so will lead to consideration for termination of the agreement
- ensure that a contact person is always available to timely reply to GC requests
The awarded contractor is expected to:
- timely deliver the requested services in order to ensure that GC programmes can be launched as scheduled
- perform an internal quality check of the submitted videos before the actual submission
- be ready to plan for very quick turnaround time to accommodate GC emergency needs. The GC is ready to pay a premium for urgent services that needs to be specified in the offer
- most videos are expected to be uploaded on the GC youtube channel as unlisted and added to a specific playlist to be agreed with the GC. The awarded contractor will receive the account details for the GC youtube channel
Subject to agreement, GC shall have full, unrestricted and exclusive rights to use the products and services listed in this invitation, including the right to broadcast, show and disseminate them in any media and its GC website and to exploit the products for any purpose, and the right to make any future adjustments to the contents of the products. The Tenderer is not allowed to use the products for any purpose other than those set out in the Framework Service Agreement, without the prior consent and authorisation of GC in writing. The Tenderer shall warrant that any output produced by the Tenderer or on its behalf will not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, registered design or other intellectual property rights of any third party and agree to indemnify GC for any such claim, liability, proceedings and costs arising therefrom.
Duration of framework service agreement and timescale
The Framework Service Agreement will run from 16 August 2021 (estimated start of the contract) to 31 July 2022. Materials for the required video production services will be provided in a continuous manner, on the basis of a schedule that will be agreed in due time.
Maximum estimated total value
40.000 Euro net of vat. A margin of flexibility is to be considered.
The contract will be between GC and the Tenderer. Payments will be made upon reception of regular invoices for the services provided in the period.
Grounds of exclusion
The contract cannot be awarded to tenderers that are subject to any conflict of interest or fail to provide exact, complete and truthful information. Tenderers must certify they are not in any exclusion situation by providing a complete declaration of honour (Annex 1).
Presentation of proposals
The proposal must include the following items.
- General documents
- Corporate credentials: portfolio of relevant services/products for each of the category and sub-category in the section Purpose and Tasks (non-relevant portfolio items will not be taken into account)
- Technical equipment
- Cvs of experts, including roles and responsibilities within the agreement. Please specify the contact person who will need to be up-to-date about any project
- Declaration of honour
- Financial offer - Cost with item breakdown for each category and sub-category:
- Creative promotional teaser/animation
- Filming (indicate cost for 2 hours, half day, full day)
- Video-editing and post-production
- For promotional purposes
- Technical Part
- A document explaining the creative approach, methodology and process from the start of a project (briefing by GC) to its end (confirmation by GC) (number of team members dedicated to the project; communication with the GC; schedule of meetings; etc.).
- A storyboard on the topic Empowering Youth Ambassadors in the Fight Against Online Mis- and Disinformation as a basis for a creative animated teaser of the duration of max 2 minutes. See concept note in Annex 2.
Selection procedure and criteria
GC will generally evaluate each proposal according to the following criteria:
Proposal’s completeness and adequacy according to the requirements of this invitation to tender
a. General documents
b. Financial offer
c. Technical part
Submission of proposals
Please submit your proposal in PDF format, including a link to the video teaser, by 6pm CET on Friday 30 July 2021 to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Subject: Video production services for e-learning programmes
Please name the files according to the items outlined above.
Late submissions will not be considered.
For information contact the Online Programmes Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
Invitation to Tender for Video Production Services PDF
Annex 1 – Declaration of honour
Annex 2 – Brief for the teaser storyboard