Invitation to tender for video production services
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR VIDEO PRODUCTION SERVICES
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is an interdisciplinary centre of excellence formed by 41 universities from all European Union Member States. It was founded in 2002 on a commitment to the realisation of the values promoted by the EU, the promotion of high-level inter-disciplinary human rights education, research, training and culture, and a shared global understanding of human rights and democracy. In 2012 EIUC developed, with the support of the European Union, the Global Campus of Master’s Programmes and Diplomas in Human Rights and Democratisation (GC) taking the management of seven Regional Master’s Programmes taking place in five continents.
EIUC/GC boasts more than twenty years of experience and an excellent track record in quality human rights education and training focused on:
- post-graduate master’s programmes
- human rights training and summer schools
- e-learning activities
that use both conventional and ground-breaking good practices, approaches and methods. This has allowed EIUC/GC to continuously and increasingly build a solid and vast network of knowledge and expertise in teaching and training, both in person and online.
EIUC/GC e-learning activities
Online access to human rights courses, trainings, modules and materials is key to fostering a global community of learning and practice whose members are not only aware of their rights, but also able to develop wider and comparative understanding. EIUC/GC offers such wider, comparative and practice-oriented e-learning experiences through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), online courses and blended courses. Over the years we have developed a distinct online identity that we now wish to develop further.
Purpose and aims
Increasing demand for e-learning programmes has evidenced the need for a constant, coherent and efficient production of video materials, interviews, e-lectures and other visual tools for optimal online delivery. In order to fulfil such need, EIUC/GC is looking for a video company that would provide video production services to support forthcoming MOOCS and online courses.
The work considered under this invitation to tender encompasses different typologies of courses and themes, but is in general homogeneous in terms of approach and methodology and includes:
- Support to EIUC/GC in devising a coherent video strategy and implementation tools for e-learning.
- Production and postproduction of videos with a total running time varying between 3-20 minutes each. Videos can be lectures or interviews with professors and experts or other types of videos such as interactive video quizzes, animated videos or a mix of lecture/powerpoints/graphs/photos). Some of these videos may have been already filmed abroad by EIUC/GC partners and therefore only need post-production; others may need to be filmed at the premises of EIUC/GC in Venice and therefore need to go through the whole process from pre- to post-production.
- Co-design, production and post-production of video teasers in English with a total running time not exceeding 4 minutes. Teasers can include graphic animations or other visuals in addition to footage with professors and experts. They are mainly recorded in Venice, but may include some footage previously recorded elsewhere by EIUC/GC partners.
The vast majority of the videos are in English, but some may need subtitles (texts provides by EIUC/GC).
A total production of 100-120 videos is estimated for the timeframe of this invitation to tender.
Subject to agreement, EIUC/GC shall have full, unrestricted and exclusive rights to use the products and services listed in this invitation, including the right to broadcast, show and disseminate them in any media and its EIUC/GC website and to exploit the products for any purpose, and the right to make any future adjustments to the contents of the products. The Tenderer is not allowed to use the products for any purpose other than those set out in the Framework Service Agreement, without the prior consent and authorisation of EIUC/GC in writing. The Tenderer shall warrant that any output produced by the Tenderer or on its behalf will not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, registered design or other intellectual property rights of any third party and agree to indemnify EIUC/GC for any such claim, liability, proceedings and costs arising therefrom.
Duration of framework service agreement and timescale
The Framework Service Agreement will run for one year, from 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019. Materials for the required video production services will be provided on a monthly basis, in a continuous manner, on the basis of a scheduled that will be provided in due time.
The contract will be between EIUC and the Tenderer. Payments will be made on a bi-monthly basis upon reception of regular VAT invoices for the services provided in the period.
Grounds of exclusion
The contract cannot be awarded to tenderers that are subject to any conflict of interest or fail to provide exact, complete and truthful information. Tenderers must certify they are not in any exclusion situation by providing a complete declaration of honour (Annex 1).
Presentation of proposals
For the duration of the Framework Service Agreement EIUC/GC estimates a need to produce and release 100-120 videos, encompassing all types described in this invitation to tender. The proposal should include:
- Overall concept and ideas for EIUC/GC e-learning video strategy
- Cost with item breakdown for the following:
- Concept note and plan for video strategy
- video concept development
- story board
- graphic design
- filming direction and recording
- post-production editing
- music score and background
- voice over
- any other cost item that might be considered relevant
- Approach and methodology (number of team members dedicated to the project; type of technological equipment and competence, including software; schedule of meetings; phone availability…)
- Corporate credentials
- Declaration of honour
Selection procedure and criteria
The selection procedure consists of two phases:
- Pre-selection phase
The initial screening will be done on the basis of two elements:
- Evaluation of the Price
The Price will only be considered after EIUC/GC has evaluated the Technical Part. EIUC/GC will not make any selection based solely on price. So the lowest of any tenders will not necessarily be accepted.
- Evaluation of the Technical Part
EIUC/GC will generally evaluate the technical aspects of each proposal according to the following criteria:
Proposal’s completeness and adequacy according to the requirements of this invitation to tender
The Tenderer’s background and related experience in conducting similar projects of this scale
Quality of the proposed ideas and content
Approach and methodology
Knowledge of English and Italian
- Final selection
EIUC/GC will shortlist the Tenderers based on the above-mentioned criteria and only the shortlisted Tenderers will be required to attend an interview at EIUC/GC Headquarters in Venice and present their proposals for the final selection. As part of the interview, they will also be required to present a test video on the basis of materials that will be provided to them in due advance.
Submission of proposals
Please submit your proposal in PDF format by 6pm CET on Wednesday 25 July 2018 to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Video production services for e-learning programmes
Late submissions will not be considered.
For information contact the Academic Coordinator of Online Programmes email@example.com