Judicial Legitimacy and the Rule of Law – Venice Academy 2014
The fifth edition of the Venice Academy of Human Rights will focus on the theme of "Judicial Legitimacy and the Rule of Law". It will take place from 7 - 16 July 2014.
Addressed to academics, practitioners, PhD/JSD and master students, the Academy provides an enriching and interdisciplinary forum to exchange views, ideas and arguments with leading human rights experts from around the world.
The faculty includes:
- Paul Mahoney, European Court of Human Rights (distinguished opening lecture)
- Gráinne de Búrca, NYU (general course)
- Philip G. Alston, NYU
- Andreas Føllesdal, University of Oslo
- Geir Ulfstein, University of Oslo
- Jeremy Waldron, NYU/Oxford
- Michael Zürn, WZB
Online registration is open until 4 May 2014 with an "early bird" discount until 15 March.