Media Partnership with the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA)
The Global Campus of Human Rights Press Office has established a “media partnership” with the non-profit European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) based in Brussels to communicate and raise more visibility to some activities related to Human Rights and Philanthropy.
EVPA is a broad and diverse community of organisations interested in or practising venture philanthropy and social investment across Europe. Their members work together across sectors in order to promote and shape the future of venture philanthropy and social investment.
Today, EVPA is a true learning organisation that fosters a European movement and promotes new ways to tackle social and collective needs. Every day, they aim to (co-)create a well-functioning eco-system for societal impact. By increasing funding and expertise coming into the venture philanthropy and social Investment space, they want to boost the effectiveness of venture philanthropists and social Investors.
All EVPA association members work together to promote and shape the future of venture philanthropy and social investment in Europe and beyond. Over 270 members from over 30 countries connect through their events and activities, to share best practices and a common vision.
One of the most important events in the calendar of EVPA activities is the Fundamental Training in Venture Philanthropy and Impact Investing. This year is taking place in Barcelona, Spain, on the 15 and 16 June 2020.
This course is specifically designed to offer participants who are new to the sector with the fundamental toolkit to practice venture philanthropy and impact investing As a participant, you will:
- learn the basic concepts and practical tools of venture philanthropy and impact investment
- acquire the knowledge to develop an impact-centric funding strategy
- understand the entire investment process, including techniques used for due diligence, closing and structuring of deals, governance aspects of a VP/II organisation, how to manage an impactful exit and portfolio management
- discover real-life case studies from experienced investors for impact from all over Europe
- learn how to build your own theory of change as an investor for impact.
The training is designed for practitioners with no or little experience in the VP/II field. It targets professionals from all type of capital providers as impact investing funds and foundations, financial institutions, incubators, accelerators, and corporate social investors with an interest in developing an impact-centric funding approach.
You could find more information at: https://evpa.eu.com/events/event/61865/