The Global Campus of Human Rights enters into new partnership with Fondazione M9
Fondazione M9, and the Global Campus of Human Rights are entering into a long-term cooperation of three years (2021-2024) to join efforts and co-develop activities in the City of Venice and the Veneto Region, focusing on Human Rights related issues of common interest. This was announced by the President of Fondazione M9 Michele Bugliesi and the Secretary General of the Global Campus of Human Rights Manfred Nowak in Venice today at the premises of the M9 - Museum of the 20th Century, with the presence of the Academic Director Luca Molinari.
In striving towards this purpose, the parties will work together to:
- strengthen the role of both organisations in promoting the universal human values, as proclaimed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and all relevant international and regional instruments;
- link human rights with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations, as promoted in the Agenda 2030;
- develop a calendar of annual events in the City of Venice and the Region of Veneto for the period of July 2021 until July 2024;
The GLOBAL CAMPUS and FONDAZIONE M9 agree, within the limits of the competences bestowed onto them by their respective constitutive instruments, to harmonise their efforts so as to pursue cooperation in the framework of the following activities and events (non-exhaustive list):
- Participation by FONDAZIONE M9 in the Annual International Conference on the “State of Human Rights in the World” jointly organised by the European Parliament/Global Campus of Human Rights;
- Joint development of a Workshop on Music and Human Rights to be held at M9 with music performances by the Musicians for Human Rights in order to promote intercultural dialogue, as well as implement further joint research and educational initiatives focusing on music;
- Collaboration opportunities in the context of the European Master Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (EMA) first semester in Venice (from September until January of each year) either within ongoing or future activities involving EMA students, alumni and professors, also supported by the seven Regional Masters composing the integrated framework of the Global Campus;
- Cooperation in the context of other activities initiated by the Global Campus at its HQ in Venice, relating to Arts and Human Rights (e.g. annual EMA students’ arts/cinema festival; art exhibitions, trainings, lectures, concerts, etc).
- Participation by GLOBAL CAMPUS in the M9 Community Programme events like the annual Festival of Politics and other cultural events, workshops, etc.
FONDAZIONE M9 is a non-profit private organization established to manage the M9 – Museum of the 20th Century, according to the principles of ICOM. M9 narrates the compelling history of the 20th Century. The multimedia content, selected by more than forty Italian experts in their fields, reveals a wealth of materials that the general public rarely gets to see: with material from nearly 150 Italian and international archives and libraries, M9 showcases its 20th-century cultural heritage: photographs, newspapers, magazines, posters and advertising material, radio recordings, films and documentaries, amateur footage and television shows. The displays in the museum include more than 6,000 photos, 820 videos, 500 printed material, 400 audio files and 10 hours of digital films. Beside the permanent exhibition, M9 organizes exhibitions, conferences, education workshops with a specific look at contemporaneity, in collaboration and synergy with local cultural institutions and associations
The Global Campus of Human Rights is a unique network of more than one hundred participating universities around the world, seeking to advance human rights and democracy through regional and global cooperation for education and research. This global network is promoted through seven Regional Programmes which are based in Venice for Europe, in Sarajevo/Bologna for South East Europe, in Yerevan for the Caucasus, in Pretoria for Africa, in Bangkok for Asia-Pacific, in Buenos Aires for Latin America and the Caribbean, and in Beirut for the Arab World.
#GCHumanRights #GCHumanRightsPartnerships #M9 #Venezia #GlobalGoals #Art4HumanRights