VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Communications, Digital PR and Press Officer (maternity leave replacement)
The Global Campus of Human Rights is an inter-disciplinary university centre supported by the EU, by the foundation Right Livelihood, and other partner institutions, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional partners.
The Global Campus is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Communications, Digital PR and Press Officer in the context of a maternity leave replacement; she/he will work as member of the staff of the Global Campus of Human Rights based in Venice-Lido, Italy (seat: Monastery of San Nicolò, Riviera San Nicolò, 26) in the Communications and PR Department, and under the supervision of the Head of Department, Elisa Aquino.
The Communications, Digital PR and Press Officer will be responsible primarily for managing external communications, press work and public relations, as well as social media and digital PR in coordination with the Department’s team.
The candidate must be a journalist, member of the Bar of Journalists (Ordine dei Giornalisti del Veneto, Albo Nazionale, with contacts at the international press levels).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Social Media: taking care of the dissemination of all GC Human Rights activities through the social networks where the organisation is currently present (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), further development of GC Human Rights profile on social media. Expertise on copywriting and data analysis (insights, people reached, shares, reactions, comments, geo-localisation,…);
- Editing & Writing: drafting of texts to be used for different communication purposes, as e-news or promotional materials;
- Press work: developing and distributing news releases and responding to media inquiries, taking care of press contacts, planning for news conferences, prepare for media interviews, develop messages to deliver to stakeholders both at the local, national, and international level;
- Public Relations: building or nurturing relationships with current or potential institutional partners, donors and customers (international/national/local; IGOs and NGOs); networking in an academic environment (participation in promotional events or fairs, facilitating visits to GC Human Rights for presentations, organisation of promotional events).Team Work: Coordinating with other GC colleagues in Venice - such us the IT/Web Marketing Unit - and with each GC region certain aspects of the work and assuring regular contact also with the communication teams of our external partner institutions and donors.
- Be a Journalist;
- Sound written and verbal communications skills – both in Italian and English - coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Experienced use of Content Management Systems (eg. Contao and WordPress);
- Efficient use of HTML;
- Efficient use of the most important Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Basic use of Adobe Creative Suite CS6, in particular Photoshop;
- Sound critical thinking skills;
- Creative and visionary leadership with the ability to drive a high volume of work to completion;
- Excellent knowledge of how to deal with PR events (press conferences, meetings, trainings, …);
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Team-working ability.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
- Interest in Human Rights and Democracy PR campaigns
- Experience in academic environment;
- Knowledge/interest in the relations between human rights, development cooperation and arts;
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence tools
- Volunteering in non-profit causes is an asset.
Deadline for applications: 3 July 2023, 12.00 pm CET
Indicative starting date: 21 August 2023
Contract: Part-time fixed term “subordinate contract” / maternity replacement (“contratto di lavoro dipendente a tempo determinato”) of 20 hrs per week for an indicative period of 5-7 months – in the framework of the National Collective Labour Agreement for Commerce and Services (Contratto Collettivo Nazionale di Lavoro – CCNL – per il Commercio e i Servizi). Consultancy relationships with professionals are also being considered.
Salary: In case of subordinate contract, gross salary comparable to a III level – exact amount to be based on seniority and qualifications. In case of consultancy contract, emolument based on experience and services offered.
The position requires work to be performed from the premises especially in connection with the calendar of courses and events, however flexibility to consider remote work during preparation time is applied. The person is anyway asked to be based in Venice, or in close locations to Venice, from which commuting to Venice-Lido is reasonable.
Please send a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae (in English) to the Administrative Director and Human Resources Manager, Elisabetta Noli at firstname.lastname@example.org and Communications and PR Manager, Elisa Aquino at email@example.com putting in cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
GC is a global human rights organisation which aims at building an inclusive workforce with diverse backgrounds, cultures and perspectives. We encourage people of all ages, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, sexual orientation, disability to apply and are interested in receiving applications from those who are marginalised and underrepresented.