Vacancy Announcement: E.MA Programme Director
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of E.MA Programme Director for the academic year 2016/2017. The position, which is being posted at the level of university professor or senior researcher, involves a combination of teaching, organisation, and various academic and practical responsibilities connected with the E.MA programme. Working under the instructions of the E.MA and EIUC governing bodies and in cooperation with the EIUC Secretary General, the candidate selected will assume primary responsibility for the academic coordination of the E.MA programme and the E.MA secretariat for the a.y. 2016/2017. He or she will furthermore be involved in the development of new academic and research-based activities in the context of EIUC.
Functions and tasks
The E.MA Programme Director will work as member of the permanent EIUC staff, based in Venice - the Lido. Tasks will include the following:
- To coordinate the advanced planning of the E.MA programme;
- To oversee in the daily management of the E.MA programme – including the first semester field trip, which in recent years has been going to Kosovo – with a view to maintaining the excellent standards and academic coherence of the first semester courses;
- To establish advance contact with academic responsibles, lecturers and experts, and assist the academic responsibles and other lecturers in carrying out the scientific and educational programme;
- To supervise and coordinate Teaching Assistants in the performance of their tasks;
- To supervise the work of the E.MA secretariat
- To supervise the internship programme and the fellowship programme
- To organise and teach seminars introducing one of the core disciplines (law, political science, international relations) of the E.MA programme;
- To set up and lead working groups and workshops incorporated in the academic programme;
- To oversee the assessment of student assignments;
- To exercise a proactive role in identifying and rectifying problems of an academic nature;
- To take a proactive role in the development of additional academic activities in the context of the EIUC; this may include initiating and facilitating research collaboration, academic publication, and the organisation of training courses, seminars and conferences.
Doctorate in a relevant discipline (e.g. law, political science, international relations), teaching experience, good publication record, team-working ability, administrative experience. Excellent knowledge of English.
The selected candidate will be expected to take up the position in July 2016.
Salary negotiable, depending on qualifications.
Deadline for sending applications is Friday, April 15, 2016
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will most probably take place on Friday, April 22, 2016
Please send a cover letter and a curriculum vitae in English to Prof. Manfred Nowak, EIUC Secretary General, by email: email@example.com. Kindly add to the recipients of your message also Prof. Ria Wolleswinkel, E.MA Chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Ms Elisabetta Noli, Senior Project Manager (email@example.com).