Vacancy Announcement: EIUC General Service Officer
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is seeking for a new General Service Officer; she/he will work as member of the staff of EIUC based in Venice – Lido, in the General Service Department under the supervision of the General Service Manager, mainly assisting in planning and organisation of events with international and local participants/guests.
The General Service Officer will be mainly in contact with the suppliers of accommodation, catering and local transportations services (i.e. hotels, guest houses, student residences, real estate agencies, catering companies, restaurants, water taxi firms, boat rental agencies, car/van rental agencies, etc.); this will involve:
- Checking availability and rates of the services and booking
- As for the accommodation: distributing the guests/participants of each event among hotels, drafting rooming lists and keeping hotels regularly updated until final rooming confirmation
- As for the catering: drafting the detailed table/programme of the services, informing timely the suppliers in case of changes
- Providing the suppliers with detailed direction concerning the invoicing requirements, checking the correctness of the invoices afterwards
- Other relevant duties, when relevant
- Proficient English and Italian both written and spoken; appreciated fluency in other languages.
- IT skills (good knowledge of Microsoft OfficeTM and proficiency in the use of email and internet navigation)
- Basic knowledge of Italian accounting and invoicing
- Basic knowledge of tourist industry and/or previous experience in the sector.
- Team working ability
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work under stress
- Good communication skills
- Previous work experience in a similar job position
- Deadline for applications: The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 12 August 2016 at 6 pm (CET).
- Starting date: The EIUC General Service Officer will be required to take up service starting early September 2016
- Contract: full time fixed term – 1 year - “subordinate contract” (“contratto di lavoro dipendente a tempo determinate, durata 1 anno”), in the framework of the National Collective Labour Agreement for Commerce and Services (Contratto Collettivo Nazionale di Lavoro – CCNL – per il Commercio e i Servizi).
- Salary: IV level (CCNL)
- Workplace: Venice Lido - at the EIUC premises (Monastery of San Nicoló)
Please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to the attention of EIUC General Service Manager, Alessandra Silanos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Senior Project Manager, Elisabetta Noli (email@example.com)