VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – EIUC IT Technician 2011
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC – www.eiuc.org) is seeking a well-qualified individual for a 1-year (renewable) part-time assignment as EIUC Information Technology (IT) Technician starting as soon as possible in Venice-Lido, Italy.
EIUC Profile and Working Environment
EIUC is a leading European institution in the development of higher educational projects in the field of human rights and democracy. EIUC is financially supported by the European Commission, it employs between 15 and 20 people per year and welcomes around 500 guests which stay at the EIUC premises for different periods of time ranging from one day to five months. Guests include university professors, experts of international organisations, students of the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA), participants to the EIUC Summer Schools and Academies and to conferences and other courses.
Functions and tasks
The EIUC IT Technician will work as member of the permanent staff of EIUC based in Venice under the supervision of the EIUC Secretary-General. The position focuses on the maintenance and development of the EIUC Information & Technology and electronic equipment and software. The selected candidate will support the EIUC staff and EIUC guests with the use of all equipments available in EIUC premises, including: computers, printer, scanner, photocopiers, projectors, air conditioning, and sound equipments such as speakers, microphones and mixer.
Contract and Working Commitment
This is a 20 hour/week part-time position. The selected candidates should start as soon as possible; ideally he/she will start by end of September 2011. Annual/monthly gross salary depends on qualifications and range from € 9.500 to 12.500 gross annual salary for 20 hours/week part-time contract.
The ideal candidate is a versatile and dynamic person with a strong interest for information and communication technology and electronic equipment. He/she is a person with strong team working skills with a good ability to organise his/her work. He/she is available to prioritise tasks, organise and optimise its work, coordinate the service of external providers and promptly respond to support requests. The ideal candidate is a friendly person with the capacity to understand problematic and unexpected issues and resolve them. He/she is capable of using less intense time during the year to improve and organise the tools available and is willing to work extra time in case of extraordinary official events.
- Install and keep up-to-date the electronic equipment such as: PC, peripherals, multifunctional photocopiers, beamers, sound equipment,
- heater and air conditioning;
- Maintain and optimise computer software such as: operating system, office suits, databases, secretarial tools, shared files and contacts;
- document managements programmes;
- Identify the needs for the development of the computer (hardware and software) infrastructure, find the appropriate solution and train colleagues
- on the use of new tools;
- Organise routinely maintenance of electronic equipments;
- Optimise the use of the existing electronic equipments and suggest acquisition of new equipment if deem necessary and justifiable;
- Take pictures and filming with professional equipment;
- Edit and optimise photos and videos;
- Keep shared files logically organised;
- Store and manage common equipment in order to make it promptly available when needed.
- Management and development of EIUC websites from the conceptual point of view;
- Management and development the profile of EIUC in the most common social networks;
- Management and optimisation of online and offline communication software including surveys systems, mass mailings and advertising tools;
- Ability to communicate with internal and external partners;
- Support the EIUC staff with technical IT and electronic infrastructure;
- Management and development of EIUC websites from the technical point of view.
- Education in computer science or similar;
- Experience in a similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and/or English. The other language should be at least known at a basic level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under stress;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Team-working skills.
- Experience with online and offline software and social networks;
- Experience in web-communication and on-line advertising;
- Knowledge of EIUC and its activities;
- Interest in working in an international and academic environment;
- Interest in supporting the implementation of human rights activities.
Application Procedures and Deadline
The deadline for sending applications is 26 September 2011. Selected candidates for the interview will be contacted shortly after the deadline.
To apply, please send a cover letter (including your experience with regard to the position and you motivation to work for EIUC), together with a detailed curriculum vitae in English to Prof. Florence Benoît-Rohmer (EIUC Secretary General) firstname.lastname@example.org and to Cristiano Gianolla email@example.com
Please note: the filling of the above position is contingent upon approval of funding by the European Commission.