VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – EIUC Project Officer
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC – www.eiuc.org) is seeking a well-qualified individual for a 1-year assignment as EIUC Project Officer starting from mid September 2011 in Venice Lido, Italy.
Functions and tasks
The EIUC Project Officer will work as member of the permanent staff of EIUC based in Venice under the supervision of the EIUC Secretary General. The position focuses on the implementation of educational projects in the field of human rights and involves a combination of communication, drafting and practical responsibilities connected with EIUC and its activities.
The tasks will include the following:
- Provide administrative and logistic support in the realisation of EIUC educational projects;
- Make logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of project activities;
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
- Draft and organise working documents;
- Handle communication with EIUC partners and project participants;
- Organise and report on internal and external meetings;
- Update, organise and develop the content of web-sites;
- Update the EIUC Expert Database and make it instrumental to service EU institutions or other partner organisations EIUC expertise;
- Any other administrative activity required by the EIUC Secretary General.
Additional tasks may include (inter alia) the following:
- Manage and keep updated the page of EIUC in the most common social networks;
- Manage online and offline communication software;
- Support the EIUC staff with technical IT and electronic infrastructure;
- Report on EIUC events.
- Excellent knowledge of English, including drafting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in organising and assisting project implementation;
- Experience in web-editing (updating of web content, upload of texts and pictures, etc.);
- Experience in working with academics in an international environment;
- Team-working skills.
- Good knowledge of Italian, French and Arabic;
- Good knowledge of EIUC and its activities;
- Experience with online and offline software and social networks as described above;
- Experience in web-communication and on-line advertising.
The EIUC Project Officer selected will be required to take up full service starting from mid September 2011. Annual/monthly gross salary depending on qualifications.
Deadline for sending applications is 12 September 2011. Selected candidates for the interview will be contacted shortly after the deadline.
To apply, please send a cover letter (including your motivation to work in the human rights field and a short description of relevant working experience), together with a detailed curriculum vitae in English to Prof. Florence Benoît-Rohmer (EIUC Secretary General) firstname.lastname@example.org and to Cristiano Gianolla email@example.com.
Please note: the filling of the above position is contingent upon approval of funding by the European Commission.