VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: EIUC Receptionist – Secretarial Assistant
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC – www.eiuc.org) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of EIUC Receptionist – Secretarial Assistant. The EIUC Receptionist – Secretarial Assistant will work as member of the staff of EIUC based in Venice – Lido, under the general coordination of the EIUC Secretary General and Senior Project Manager, and complement the coverage of the EIUC Reception/General Secretariat. The contract will be part-time (3 hrs. per day – 17:00 / 20:00) in the form of “subordinate contract” (“contratto di lavoro dipendente a tempo determinato”) and its duration coincides with the first (academic) semester of the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA), the core educational programme performed by EIUC – i.e. from beginning of October 2011 till end of January 2012.
The main position’s task is to complement – for the requested timeframe - the EIUC receptionist/secretary with general reception and secretarial activities (upon supervision of the Senior Project Manager).
This will involve (inter alia):
- Closing of the premises;
- Letting people IN and OUT of the Monastery;
- Answering of central telephone line and diverting calls to relevant staff members;
- Assist with e-mail communication (general), i.e. replying to queries reaching the general address: email@example.com and diverting e-mails to other staff members;
- Support in protocolling of outgoing/incoming mail;
- Assist with postal services (preparation of sendings according to needs);
- Assist with the production of supporting documentation (invitations letters, certificates, tables, inventories, other data);
- Assist with storage, archive of office stationary, equipment, and documents/publications;
- Assist with data-entry / updates in EIUC Databases, assistance with web-searches;
- Information desk for E.MA students, as well as for professors or other invitees / participants in EIUC activities (use of copying machines, printers, IT, internet codes, general practical information, fixing of local transportation);
- Assist the EIUC receptionist/secretary or relevant staff members in the practical organisation of events/meetings (preparation of folders, preparation or re-ordering of rooms used for events/meetings, other practical issues)
- Knowledge of Italian and English;
- Communication /customer relations skills;
- Motivation to work in an international environment;
- Team-working ability.
- IT competence (Office package)
Previous reception and/or secretarial experience in an international environment or educational context.
The EIUC Receptionist – Secretarial Assistant selected will be required to take up service starting from beginning of October 2011. Monthly gross salary will based on the contractual level applied (V level – “Contratto Collettivo Nazionale di Lavoro per il Commercio e i Servizi”) and dependant on qualifications.
Deadline for sending applications is 26 September 2011 at midday. Selected candidates for the interview will be contacted shortly after the deadline.
To apply, please send by e-mail a cover letter (including your motivation for this position and a short description of relevant working experience) and curriculum vitae in English to the EIUC Secretary General, Prof. Florence Benoît-Rohmer firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC to the EIUC Senior Project Manager, Dott.ssa Elisabetta Noli email@example.com.
Please note: the filling of the above position is contingent upon approval of funding by the European Commission.