Vacancy Announcement: EMA Executive Officer
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Executive Officer for the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (EMA) for the period 12 February 2018 – 11 February 2019. The filling of the position is subject to confirmation of funding and nothing in this posting should be deemed to guarantee its successful filling.
The EMA Executive Officer will work as member of the permanent staff of EIUC based in Venice – Lido, under the general coordination of the EIUC Secretary General, and direct supervision by the EMA Programme Director. He/she will work in team with a second EMA Executive Officer, and with EMA Fellows. The position concentrates on the implementation of the administrative procedures linked to the organisation of the Programme EMA, the core educational programme performed by EIUC.
Functions and tasks
Tasks will include the following:
- EMA admission process (selection and enrolment):
- Reply to all EMA related queries addressed to the account email@example.com (or dedicated e-mail) on selection, enrolment, and other EMA matters;
- Provide support to the general EMA advertising activities (mailings);
- Assist the EMA team in the selection process (January - May): collect applications and attached documents, organise them into country groups, check and screen EU applicants’ eligibility to apply to the programme, considering the ECTS credits related to their studies and liaise with applicants for relevant information / clarification; insert data in relevant applications excel-file;
- Assist the EMA team in the enrolment process (May - September): Contacting the selected and reserve candidates and keep in touch for any EMA related issues that may concern them; monitoring and registering the documentation related to their enrolment, in particular EU degrees and contacts; data-entry in enrolment excel-file and database;
- Maintain contacts with the Post-lauream office of the University of Padua (University of first enrolment).
- EMA daily life
- Assistance in the registration and welcoming of students, preparation of welcome packs, verification and collection of documents needed for the completion of enrolment procedures;
- Complementing the colleague EMA Executive Officer in the preparation EMA governing bodies meetings;
- Assistance on EMA exams procedures / collection of exam records, assistance in the preparation of the EMA theses defense and graduation ceremony, preparation of all records and documentation to be provided to the University of Padua for the closing of the academic year and opening of the new one;
- Administration of students’ careers: preparation of official certificates, transcripts, copies of diplomas;
- Preparation of EMA Transcripts and Diplomas (and relevant procedure of signature), preparation of diploma supplement.
- Assistance with ongoing EMA/ EIUC events
- Performance of administrative task, where relevant, in relation to EMA/EIUC events which may require assistance (e.g. EMA student led activities, other).
- Experience in administrative work;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English, including drafting skills;
- Networking and communication skills;
- Experience in working in an international environment and in the academic sector;
- Team-working ability.
The EMA Executive Officer selected will be required to take up service starting from 12 February 2018 or soon thereafter. Annual/monthly gross salary will be based on seniority and qualifications.
Deadline for sending applications is Friday 19 January 2018.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates is expected to take place before the end of January 2018.
Please send a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae in English – by email - to George Ulrich, EMA Programme Director, firstname.lastname@example.org and in CC to Elisabetta Noli, Administrative Director, email@example.com.