Vacancy announcement: Finance Manager
The Global Campus of Human Rights is an inter-disciplinary centre of excellence supported by the EU, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional partners. Its main headquarters are based in Venice, Italy and the regional partner’s headquarters are based in Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, South Africa, and Thailand. The Global Campus is looking for a qualified Finance Manager with experience in international cooperation, for its main headquarters in Venice, Italy.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the institution, including both the main headquarters and the regional partners. The main responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, reporting, bookkeeping and audit preparation. The Finance Manager will report to the Administrative Director and will supervise a team of two accountants. The Finance Manager will liaise with senior-level managers, with the Administrative Director, the Secretary-General, the President of the Global Campus and the regional partners.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- To coordinate annual budgeting and regular forecasting for the headquarters in Venice and the regional programmes
- To coordinate the financial reporting for institutional grants according to each donor’s financial regulations (mainly DEVCO)
- To monitor the day-to-day operations within the organization such as payrolls, invoicing, bank reconciliation and transactions, account receivables and payables, etc.
- To prepare yearly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and explanatory note)
- To monitor the cash flow and provide relevant cash flow projections
- To coordinate both statutory and contractual audits
- To ensure the institution is compliant and up-to-date with relevant financial and legal requirements
- To improve internal policies and procedures
- To oversee and manage the finance team
- To liaise with external consultants (labour and tax consultants)
- To liaise with finance officers from the regional programmes
- To provide regular and accurate forecasts and reports to the Global Campus Council (board of directors)
- To seek out methods for minimizing financial risks and maximizing efficient resource allocation within the network
- To provide inputs relevant to fundraising efforts.
- BA/BS in Management, Business Administration or related field with an emphasis on financial management or similar experience.
- Prior experience in similar roles, preferably in the educational or not for profit sector
- Familiarity with EU funded grants, preferably EIDHR
- Demonstrated ability to manage contractual and statutory audits in accordance with Italian and EU requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using ERP software and accounting tools. Use of SAP Business 1 is a plus
- Proficiency in both English and Italian
- Extensive knowledge of the Italian third sector’s legal and labour regulation.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills suited to a multinational and multicultural professional environment
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
The Finance Manager will be required to take up full service as soon as possible. The position will be based in Venice, Italy. Travel to the regional partners’ headquarters or other relevant locations might be required. The gross salary depends on qualifications and seniority.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17 of June 2019.
Please send a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the EIUC Secretary General, Manfred Nowak firstname.lastname@example.org , and Administrative Director email@example.com