Vacancy Announcement: Fundraising / Communication / PR Manager
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC), located in Venice-Lido, is an academic centre of excellence supported by the EU, aiming at pursuing the promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation. EIUC is organising and coordinating seven regional Master programmes in human rights and democratisation in all world regions under the umbrella of the Global Campus, is engaged in different research projects and conducts various training courses, seminars and conferences, usually at its premises in the Monastery of San Nicoló at Venice-Lido. For more information visit www.eiuc.org.
With reference to its activities EIUC is looking to appoint a qualified individual to fill in the position of EIUC Fundraising / Communication / PR Manager.
Functions and tasks
The EIUC Fundraising / Communication / PR Manager shall work as member of the EIUC staff, in direct contact – and under the direction and supervision – of the EIUC Secretary General. His/her work shall be performed in the framework of EIUC’s Communication Department, in close cooperation with a team of communication / IT specialists. His/her primary objective shall be to carry out and coordinate various fundraising and external communication and public relations activities of the organisation in order to ensure smooth functioning and increase funding for EIUC objectives.
The position involves a combination of organisational and substantive responsibilities including:
- To draft a fundraising strategy for EIUC / Global Campus and manage fundraising activities through the development of project proposals that reflect the EIUC/Global Campus policy and programmatic focus;
- To work with communications staff and other relevant staff to develop a communications and public relations strategy that will guide EIUC/Global Campus in its external relations;
- To conduct a mapping of potential donors (focusing in particular on international governmental and non-governmental organisations, governments, trust funds or foundations, the corporate sector) and identify potential funding opportunities;
- Approach donors with relevant project proposals and manage the application process in coordination - where relevant - with different staff members;
- To maintain communication / PR and build networks with potential and current donor organisations at the international and regional level, and to assist the EIUC Secretary General in performing such activities;
- To develop and prepare fund-raising publications, communications and promotional materials, official documents related to institutional policy or programmed activities, targeted to a variety of internal (participants in the activities, partner universities) and external audiences (major donors and partners, the general public);
- To manage and organise promotional events, and participate in promotional events organised by relevant partner organisation (e.g. FRA Fundamental Rights Forum)
- To prepare and support the SG in his participation in national and international meetings and missions with a fundraising and/or public relations purpose;
- To establish and facilitate sustainable integration of fundraising into the relevant EIUC departments/units and activities.
The EIUC Fundraising / Communication / PR Manager should possess and demonstrate the following requirements:
- Experience in fundraising, networking, communication and public relations, preferably in an international human rights environment and in the non-profit sector.
- Familiarity with human rights and democratisation issues and with an environment of higher education.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with major donors in the field of human rights, democratisation and higher education.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; public relations; donor relations.
- Excellent English written and oral communication and presentation skills, including the ability to compose, edit, analyse and report using complex information; knowledge of other languages (e.g. Italian, French, German, Spanish) is a plus;
- Ability to write/edit in a variety of writing styles necessary to draft materials on a wide range of topics; strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications and public relations, culturally sensitive communication skills;
- Professional level skills in graphics and knowledge of desktop publishing for in- house graphics design and production. Video Editing capabilities is a plus
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Management and organisational skills. Participatory and team approach to work and behavior.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Start of the contract: The EIUC Fundraising / Communication / PR Manager will be required to take up service starting mid-September / early October 2016.
- Salary: The gross salary will depend on qualifications and seniority.
- Workplace: Venice Lido - at the EIUC premises (Monastery of San Nicoló).
- Application and selection procedure: The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 26 August 2016 at 6 pm (CET).
Please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to the attention of the EIUC Secretary General, Manfred Nowak (firstname.lastname@example.org), to the EIUC Senior Project Manager, Elisabetta Noli (email@example.com) and to the IT and Web Marketing Officer, Nicola Tonon (firstname.lastname@example.org).