VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Global Campus Alumni Coordinator
The Global Campus of Human Rights (GC) is an inter-disciplinary centre of excellence supported by the EU, by the foundation Right Livelihood, and other partner institutions, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional academic partners. Its main headquarters are based in Venice-Lido, Italy (at the Monastery of San Nicolò) and the regional partner’s headquarters are based in Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, South Africa, and Thailand. For more information visit gchumanrights.org
The Global Campus (GC) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Global Campus Alumni Coordinator, to engage with over 4000 graduates under the umbrella of the Global Campus Alumni (GCA) programme globalcampusalumni.org. The coordinator will provide high-quality support to the GC alumni regional associations of its 7 regional master’s programmes; run specific programmes open to GC graduates; manage internal and external communication & promotion; and support the creation of connections between alumni and GC networks and educational programmes.
- Engage with and support all GC regional alumni associations, including building new relations and boosting interactions across associations and individual alumni;
- Design, implement, promote, evaluate and improve current and new GCA programmes (e.g. coaching, mentoring, ambassadors, webinars);
- Respond to requests and queries from alumni;
- Improve the attractiveness of the GCA for older and recent GC alumni;
- Collaborate with GC staff, members and partners in establishing and improving exchange between graduates and the GC network;
- Promote the work of alumni, manage the GCA website and social channels, including the production of publications, e-communications;
- Support the organisation of events;
- Track alumni data, report on activities and provide administrative support;
- Monitor trends, best practices pertaining to youth workforce development, career readiness.
Skills and requirements
- Graduate of a GC Master’s programmes
- At least 3 years of work experience in education, communication, networking, project/programme management or related field, preferably within the area of human rights and of cross-regional or international cooperation;
- Experience managing network of people (preferred);
- A strong commitment to the mission of GCA;
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in MS Office (or similar programmes), management of social media, reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity and cultural sensitivity;
- Proactive attitude with a resourceful style and the ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team
- Comfortable in a fast‐paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment;
- An ability to network and build alliances
- Willingness to travel if required
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2022 - 17.00 CEST
Starting date: As soon as possible thereafter
Contract: The contract typology is to be determined. The coordinator can be based either in Venice or remotely, with preference given to applications from candidates who are located at or near one of the GC regional hubs. The position is open only to graduates of one of the 7 GC regional programmes and will coordinate her/his work with the Academic Partnerships Manager who is based at the GC headquarters in Venice, Italy.
Contract duration: 1 year
Salary: Annual gross salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae in English to the Global Campus Secretary General, Manfred Nowak email@example.com, to the Administrative and Human Resources Director, Elisabetta Noli firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the Academic Partnerships Manager, Manuela Pegoraro email@example.com