Vacancy announcement: Global Campus Alumni & E.MAlumni Association Secretary General
Secretary General -
Global Campus Alumni & E.MAlumni Association
Global Campus Alumni (GCA) is a new global network of regional alumni associations focused on human rights and democratization. It brings together six regional programmes, over 2500 alumni and over 80 leading universities. The E.MAlumni Association is the European Regional Association and currently takes a leading role in the GCA. Both
associations link to the Global Campus Association and European Inter University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation based in Venice.
As part of a fastdeveloping Association and global network, you will lead and deliver immediate and lasting change by developing and implementing activity plans and strategies, by coordinating the work and the agenda of board members, and by continuously liaising with Alumni members all over the world and involving them in the
networks projects and initiatives.
Passionate about human rights and building organisations and networks , you understand organisational development and international issues and debates around human rights. You are experienced at creating and implementing successful communication, outreach and fundraising strategies. A key focus of the network is career development and mentoring of human rights professionals – and to realise the potential of alumni across all
As the coordinator of the GCA network, you will impulse participation and proactivity in the various Alumni Associations, and promote cohesion , good practice sharing, harmonisation and ongoing exchange among its representatives. You will help ensure the E.MAlumni and the Global Campus Alumni are viewed as a leading Alumni network in the field of human rights and democratisation in Brussels and beyond as you develop effective relationships with key influencers, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
We offer a highly dynamic work environment in the field of human rights with the opportunity to really take responsibility and shape an organisation as well as develop one’s own position and expand on skills while connecting with interesting people of different levels of seniority in Brussels and globally.
Requirements for the position
● Proven experience in project management including an understanding of budgets
● Experience working with networks and membership based organisations
● Excellent coordination, planning and organizational skills.
● Fluency in English (oral and written)
● Experience in fundraising
● Experience in communication, outreach and social media
● Familiarity with online tools like Google drive, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey
● Experience of work with database and customer relations management tools like Zoho
● Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
● Availability to work from home, with flexibility to travel within Europe
● Availability to relocate to Brussels
● Availability for flexible working hours, including during evenings and weekends
● Graduate of one of the Global Campus Regional Master Programmes (managed by
● Experience of managing consultants, interns or volunteers
● Knowledge and interest in career development
● Previous work experience in an NGO or an international environment, preferably in the
field of human rights
● Familiarity with website development / management
● Previous experience in human resource management
● Knowledge of other languages (Spanish and Italian preferably)
Salary: Depending on funding
Contract: Full time or parttime
Location: Brussels, Belgium / Homebased
Closing date: 23 June 2015
How to apply
email your CV and covering letter (2 sides max) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 June 2015, 6.00 PM CET
Subject line: SG Application (your name)
indicate names and contact details of at least three references
Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed in the
person specification. Your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the
desirable criteria as well. If you do not meet at least all the essential criteria, please don’t
apply as we only invite candidates for an interview if they meet the essential criteria listed on
the job description.
Make sure you address the requirements for the position in your application, point by point, as
it enables us to identify the skills, knowledge and experience you have to be able to do the job
We look forward to receiving your application!