VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: IT and Web Marketing Officer/Coordinator
The Global Campus of Human Rights is an inter-disciplinary centre of excellence supported by the EU, by the foundation Right Livelihood, and other partner institutions, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional academic partners. Its main headquarters are based in Venice-Lido, Italy (at the Monastery of San Nicolò) and the regional partner’s headquarters are based in Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, South Africa, and Thailand. For more information visit www.gchumanrights.org.
The Global Campus of Human Rights is seeking a qualified individual for the position of IT and Web Marketing Officer / Coordinator; she/he will work as member of the staff of the Global Campus of Human Rights based in Venice – Lido, in the Premises/IT department, and coordinating a number of IT and Web Marketing services which are functional to the successful delivery of various Global Campus activities and events. The work will be performed under coordination of the IT/Premises Manager and in close cooperation with the Web Marketing Officer.
FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
A) IT equipment, connectivity, servers
- IT hardware and software support: Supporting the GC staff, students, professors, guests at the Headquarters with the use of all equipment available in the premises, including: computers, printer, scanner, photocopiers, projectors, and sound equipment such as speakers, microphones and mixer. Support the staff in the selection and use of tools to manage activities) or to evaluate their performance;
- Internet connection / GARR: perform as Access Port Manager (APA) in the framework of the service agreement between Global Campus and GARR (Italian national computer network for universities and research);
- Server management: managing, in cooperation with external companies – in-house and outsourced servers
B) Technical services in support of activities and events
- Technical assistance in relation to educational/promotional events: liaising with other staff members in order to organise the IT support services needed for the implementation of the activities which belong to their management and coordination (seminars, conferences, on-line courses, etc).
- Technical assistance in relation to E-learning activities: selecting (in cooperation with the E-learning Manager) as well as setting and maintaining of LMS (learning management system) and MOOC platforms (in particular Open EdX and or Canvas)
- Technical services in relation to GC Digital Repository (in cooperation with the Librarian & Digital Repository Coordinator)
C) Web management and online marketing
- Web-management: organisation and development of the architecture and technical features of the GC website/s
- Web marketing: targeting audience, analysis of competitors, and implementation of the advertising strategy for GC-Europe and GC-HQ activities + support to ad hoc activities of other Regional Hubs.
D) General tasks
- Assist the Head of Department in liaising with relevant suppliers of IT equipment and services and providing them with detailed directions concerning the services and the invoicing requirements.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in computer science, IT systems engineering, or related qualification.
- Previous work experience in a similar job position
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken
- Software/Hardware Support Technician Skills (email account configuration, internet connectivity, troubleshooting, hardware maintenance, management of customers' database accounts, database administration, hardware/software setup, installing of core applications including Microsoft Office Suite)
- Server Administrator skills (problem solving, security, Analytical expertise, knowledge of SAN - Storage Area Networks, DNS, Cloud Computing, Backup & recovery, Linux / Window server, DHCP, etc.)
- Event Technician Skills (set up and run of audio-visual equipment for special events such as conferences, seminars, meetings; troubleshooting / on-call technical support, maintenance and training for faculty/staff for multimedia classroom equipment, installation of necessary software and update drivers; technical setup for live events / livestreaming)
- Knowledge of LMS and MOOC platforms (in particular Open EdX and or Canvas)
- Web-marketing: experience using CMS platforms and marketing automation solutions; experience in building, launching and reporting on digital campaigns; ability to multitasking, prioritize and manage different marketing campaigns simultaneously; knowledge of SEO, email marketing, website management and digital advertising principles.
- Precision, accuracy
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Team working ability
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under stress
- Strong communication skills
- Experience and motivation to work in an international and academic environment
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Deadline for applications: 12 December 2022 - 17.00 CET
Starting date: 2 January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter
Contract: full time fixed term “subordinate contract” (“contratto di lavoro dipendente a tempo determinato”) for 1 year– in the framework of the National Collective Labour Agreement for Commerce and Services (Contratto Collettivo Nazionale di Lavoro – CCNL – per il Commercio e i Servizi).
Salary: Annual gross salary will be based on seniority and qualifications.
The position requires work to be performed both from the premises and online. The person is thus asked to be based in Venice, or in close locations to Venice, from which commuting to Venice-Lido is reasonable.
Please send a motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae in English to the Global Campus Premises and IT Manager, Luca Fantinel, email@example.com and to the Administrative Director, Elisabetta Noli, firstname.lastname@example.org.