Vacancy Announcement: Personal Assistant to EIUC Secretary General
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC), located in Venice-Lido, is an academic centre of excellence supported by the EU, aiming at pursuing the promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation. EIUC is organizing and coordinating seven regional Master programmes in human rights and democratization in all world regions under the umbrella of the Global Campus, is engaged in different research projects and conducts various training courses, seminars and conferences, usually at its premises in the Monasterio San Nicoló at Venice-Lido. For more information visit www.eiuc.org.
With reference to its activities EIUC is looking to appoint a qualified individual to fill in the position of Personal Assistant to the EIUC Secretary General.
Functions and tasks
The Personal Assistant to the EIUC Secretary General shall work as member of the EIUC staff, in direct contact – and under the direction and supervision – of the EIUC Secretary General. His/her work shall be performed also in close cooperation with the Global Campus Administrative Director.
The position involves a combination of organisational, administrative and substantive responsibilities performed in support of the EIUC Secretary General (SG), including:
- Managing the SG’s agenda of appointments and events. Organising missions, assist with travel or accommodation bookings, visa issues, reimbursements, etc.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post; screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate; often corresponding on behalf of the SG;
- Assisting the SG and Administrative Director in the preparation and organisation of the EIUC Governing Bodies meetings as well as taking minutes as required;
- Organising and attending other meetings, conferences or ad hoc Assisting the SG in preparing for meetings and events, taking notes;
- Accompanying the SG on national and international meetings and missions;
- Carrying out background research, producing documents, briefing papers, reports, speeches and presentations for conferences and meetings, and briefing the SG before meetings and interviews;
- Preparing and delivering - upon the SG’s instructions - institutional correspondence and maintaining the liaison with relevant institutions/interlocutors;
- Handling and filing data, archiving relevant documentation, reporting;
- Being the contact point at all levels of seniority.
The Personal Assistant to the EIUC Secretary General should possess and demonstrate the following requirements:
- Experience in administrative, organizational and management tasks, preferably in an international environment and in the non-profit sector;
- Excellent English written and oral communication and presentation skills; knowledge of other languages (e.g. Italian, French, German) is a plus;
- Ability to research and analyze various topics and news related to human rights and present material clearly and concisely;
- Excellent and culturally sensitive communication and diplomatic skills;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of human rights and democratisation;
- Sense of commitment to human rights;
- Familiarity with an environment of higher education;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality and sensitivity issues;
- Precision, attention to detail;
- Ability to anticipate and to take initiatives;
- Efficient use of the most important Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Team-working ability.
- Start of the contract: The Personal Assistant to the EIUC Secretary General will be required to take up service starting mid-September / early October 2016.
- Salary: The gross salary will depend on qualifications and seniority.
- Workplace: Venice Lido - at the EIUC premises (Monastery of San Nicoló).
- Application and selection procedure: The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 26 August 2016 at 6 pm (CET).
Please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to the attention of the EIUC Secretary General, Manfred Nowak (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the EIUC Senior Project Manager Elisabetta Noli (email@example.com).