VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Project Officer
The Global Campus of Human Rights is an inter-disciplinary centre of excellence supported by the EU, by the foundation Right Livelihood, and other partner institutions, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised trainings, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional academic partners. Its main headquarters are based in Venice-Lido, Italy (at the Monastery of San Nicolò) and the regional partner’s headquarters are based in Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, South Africa, and Thailand. For more information visit www.gchumanrights.org
The Global Campus of Human Rights is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Project Officer in the context of a maternity leave replacement; she/he will work as member of the staff of the Global Campus of Human Rights based in Venice – Lido, in the Project and Training Department and under the supervision of the Head of Department, Alberta Rocca. The position’s tasks will concentrate mainly on assisting in the planning and implementation of the activities organised within the department which include training seminars, summer schools, conferences, and other events.
FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Reception of applications and registration of candidates;
- Daily communication with candidates/participants;
- Enrolment process through all its phases:
- Invitations and follow up;
- visa issues;
- logistics related to arrival;
- Uploading on an online platform of all reading materials and other documentation or information necessary for the training/event;
- Overlook the arrival and registration of the participants;
- On-going support to students for all additional help needed during the training/event;
- Assisting experts and professors in all logistics related to their participation in the training/event;
- Help overseeing the good functioning of the training/event;
- Oversee smooth communication with all transversal departments before, during and after each activity;
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of effective project management and good organisational skills;
- Background in or passion for human rights;
- Commitment to the Global Campus values/mission and to a global human rights perspective;
- High proficiency of written and spoken Italian and English;
- Strong computer literacy and comfort with digital communication and collaboration tools (incl. conferencing platforms, LMS, cloud storage systems, Microsoft tools and other relevant project management applications).
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Equally adept at working and providing support virtually or in an office environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude for cross-cultural communication;
- Team-minded with a strong collaborative approach, flexible mindset and able to be adaptable and open to change;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and quality control, ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Positive disposition under pressure.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Deadline for applications: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; early applications encouraged.
Starting date: beginning of May 2023
Contract: full time fixed term “subordinate contract” / maternity replacement (“contratto di lavoro dipendente a tempo determinato”) for an indicative period of 6-8 months – in the framework of the National Collective Labour Agreement for Commerce and Services (Contratto Collettivo Nazionale di Lavoro – CCNL – per il Commercio e i Servizi).
Salary: Gross salary comparable to a III level – exact amount to be based on seniority and qualifications.
The position requires work to be performed from the premises especially in connection with the calendar of courses and events, however flexibility to consider remote work during preparation time is applied. The person is anyway asked to be based in Venice, or in close locations to Venice, from which commuting to Venice-Lido is reasonable.
Please send a motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae in English to the Global Campus Administrative Director, Elisabetta Noli, email@example.com, and to the Project and Training Manager, Alberta Rocca, firstname.lastname@example.org
GC is a global human rights organisation which aims at building an inclusive workforce with diverse backgrounds, cultures and perspectives. We encourage people of all ages, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, sexual orientation, disability to apply and are interested in receiving applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented.