VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Receptionist
The Global Campus of Human Rights is an inter-disciplinary university centre supported by the EU, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation worldwide through a network of regional partners. The Global Campus is looking for a Receptionist with experience in working with an international audience, for its main headquarters in Venice-Lido, Italy (seat: Monastery of San Nicolò, Riviera San Nicolò, 26).
The Receptionist will work as member of the staff of the Global Campus of Human Rights (GC), under the general coordination of the GC Secretary General and of the Premises and Technical Services Manager. He/she/they will ensure - together with a colleague Receptionist - coverage of the daily reception services and general administrative tasks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Regular reception
- Opening/closing the monastery
- Answering phone calls
- Helping guests, students or other visitors with different queries (welcoming and information desk)
- Reply to the communications addressed to the GC Headquarters info and Secretariat by e-mail or if needed, forward them to relevant staff members
- Protocolling of important incoming or outgoing mail
- Supporting staff in the organisation of different events - when relevant - for what concerns reception service, photocopying, folders and documents’ preparation, room setting (including taking care of displaying water, moving and organising room furniture, cleaning service, technical equipment, provision of general information);
- Updating GC Databases (external and internal contacts; international and national contacts);
- Archiving of GC documentation and publications;
- Monitoring of stationary, office and technical equipment, first aid and emergency kit;
- Assisting the Premises and Technical Services Manager in managing GC Headquarters premises and keep contact with local authorities, external suppliers, providers in charge of maintenance services or in charge of organising special events;
- “Porterage” service (packing and loading documents, office supplies, checking proper collection of waste, etc.);
- Postal services: organise sending according to need (courier, ordinary postal services);
- General monitoring of premises (problems solving, orders, important communications);
- Support in the organisation of external meetings and events (keeping contact with the event’s anchor person regarding the room logistics, equipment and secretariat service).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- Previous reception experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken;
- Communication / customer relations skills;
- IT competence (Office package)
- Motivation to work in an international environment;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Team-working ability;
- Sense of responsibility and attention to safety and privacy issues.
Desired qualifications or experience
- Experience in working in an international environment or in the academic sector
- IT experience (set up of conference rooms, basic IT support)
Deadline for sending applications: 18 August 2022, 12.00 CET
Indicative starting date: end of August 2022
Contract: administrative officer / impiegato amministrativo – part-time employee contract - fixed term – until 31/07/2023 – renewable (National Collective Agreement for the commercial sector - CCNL commercio)
Required timetable: (6 hrs per day – from 09:00 to 15:00). The receptionist will be asked to work during selected week-ends on the occasion of specific events being held in the Global Campus Headquarters.
Salary: Monthly gross salary will be based on the contractual level applied (V level) and qualifications.
Please send a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae (in English) to the Administrative Director Elisabetta Noli email@example.com and Premises and Technical Services Manager, Luca Fantinel firstname.lastname@example.org